Sunday, January 6, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

We finally made it home late Wednesday night, or should I say, really early Thursday morning at about 2. We were flying out of Minneapolis, connecting through Cleveland, and arriving into Allentown, PA. We should have made it home around 5, but ended up having a 3 hour delay in Minneapolis, and a 5 hour delay in Cleveland. I think that we were the last flight out of Cleveland that night. Thank goodness for Little Tikes and their plant outside of Cleveland. They donated several of their large play centers and they have them scattered throughout the entire airport. Natalie spend most of the evening running from playset to playset, while Kristin and I took turns trying to keep up with her. She refused to go to sleep in the airport, and finally fell asleep on the flight to Allentown after Midnight.

I finally got all of our pictures downloaded from the trip, and even managed to put a video together of Natalie sledding. You have seen a picture, but I think that the video is a little more exciting, enjoy...



I forgot to mention that Natalie taught herself how to put on lipstick while we were in Iowa, at the expense of Grandma's lipstick. We tried to warn Grandma that she liked to play with Kristin's lipstick, but I don't think anything could prepare her for what she would find when Natalie wandered off into the corner of the house with a tube of lipstick. Terri (Grandma) had given it to her after she had taken out all of lipstick out of the tube (or what she thought was all of it). Natalie opened up the lipstick, twisted it until it was fully extended, and then proceeded to mine out every ounce of remaining lipstick goodness.

Here is what we found...and mind you, she gladly posed for this picture, as if she was truly proud of her work...



I will leave you with a few scenic shots I took, while freezing in the Iowa tundra.





Landon

2 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

Natalie,

I wish I could of been there. I really miss you and I really could of made a snow man with you. We could of hade hot cocoa together and dress up like ballerina's and play in your brand new kitchen.

I love you. Mary Alice

G-MA said...

Natalie,

Love your lipstick. We will have to make sure you have your own lipstick when you visit. Glad you had a fun time in Iowa. We are looking forward to your visit to Houston.

Love, G-MA and G-Dad