Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trip to Iowa

Over Labor Day Weekend, Kristin, Natalie and I took a trip to Iowa to see Kristin's parents and relatives. We have been calling Kristin's parents, Grandpa Al and Grandma Terri. Natalie, on the other hand, calls them "Granpa Owl" and "Gramma Terri." At first we thought that she was saying "Al," but it is clearly "Owl." Al has been a good sport about it, and the name has stuck for now.

I had a busy week of work before going to Iowa, so being on the farm for a week was very relaxing. As with any vacation, you forget to take pictures sometimes, and I would put this vacation into that category. We did however take the camera out when we went to a local yearly event just across the border in MN. As a side story, you will notice that the pictures below are a little bright at times. When I went to get our camera out of the bag the lens was broken. Not the glass part, but the focusing function, and I am guessing the aperture adjustment. Good thing I bought the Best Buy warranty...I just have to find time to take it up there.

We went on a Sunday afternoon following church with Kristin's parents and grandparents. Here are a few pictures of Natalie with Grandma Terri, Great Grandpa (Clarence) and Great Grandma (Esther):





I think both Natalie and Terri enjoyed looking at all the animals. They looked at sheep:



They looked at chickens and roosters:



And Natalie even got to pet a pony:



I will leave you with pictures of some unique tractors. Natalie's favorite one was the pink one at the bottom. She even talked about it on the way home. Somehow she thought it was "her pink tractor"...not sure where she got that idea though.







No comments: