Monday, November 5, 2007

Packing Day!

Well, the day we have been dreading is finally here...it is packing day! As I type this entry, I am being serenaded by the sound of boxes being filled and the lovely sound of unrolling packing tape. We are on the verge of shutting down the computer, and I had to post one more time. Since I do all of my posting on our mac at home, I am not going to be able to update the blog until we get moved into Philadelphia. I guess that is one down-side to using this service and not blogspot.

It is always interesting packing up your stuff to move. You find so many things that you either forgot about or didn’t realize that you owned (which is a little scary). We are so blessed with material things, that we can’t even keep track of all of them! Packing is also a blessing, in that it forces you to get rid of things that you should have pitched years ago, but now have a good excuse to part with it. We have been doing that all weekend, and will continue to do it through the moving process.

The last thing I enjoy about packing day, is finding something, or seeing something that takes you back to a moment in time, or several moments in time. Let me share with you the funny one that happened just a few minutes ago...

We had someone come in and take down our crib...well, actually Dow did, and I wasn’t going to stop the guy they sent. After he was done, he took me in to show me how to put it back together, since it has been almost two years since I put it together. Halfway through his explanation, I saw something on the crib that I had never seen before, TEETH MARKS! I had to grab my camera and share it with everyone, because I never knew that she was chewing on her crib. It is only in one spot, the spot where she would stand in the crib and cry wanting us to come back and get her. I imagine she would stand there, and work herself into a real stink, and then take it out on the crib. As part of our parenting as Natalie has gotten older, we would let her “cry it out” for a little bit. Well, I guess the joke is on us a little bit. She, in her own little way, was hiding her little secret, the gnawed up crib rail!

Landon

No comments: