Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Kristin, Natalie, and I drove down to North Carolina for Thanksgiving this year. It was about an 8 1/2 hour drive, but it went quickly. We had a great time with my folks and my sister’s family. I think that Natalie learned a few things from her cousins Mary Alice and Charlie. Mostly how to play and get in trouble....I think she had the “getting in trouble” part down already though.

Natalie had a blast with Charlie. Every day we were there she would wake up and say “Charlie? Charlie??” She really like playing with her cousin Charlie. Now that we are back home, she still says “Charlie” when she sees his picture on the computer. I am curious to see how long she keeps saying his name.

The best story from the visit was with Mary Alice....

We were in the car driving back to the house from doing something, and Mary Alice was complaining about the rain, and how she didn’t like the rain because she couldn’t get outside and play. Kristin and I explained to her that the rain helps to feed all of the plants and trees, and that the trees create oxygen for humans to breath. I was getting a little scientific with her, thinking that it would be above her head and that she wouldn’t remember a word of it.

Okay...fast forward a day....

My sister Kay-Lynn is recording video of all the kids saying what they want from Santa this year, and Mary Alice starts singing a song that she made up about how she loves trees. As if she was a famous rock star, she starts telling a story before singing her song, to explain where the song came from. And what do you know, she explained how trees consume CO2 and make O2 for us to breathe...I was completely floored!! I am REALLY going to have to watch what I say in front of her!!

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving: http://gallery.mac.com/ljluttrell#100050

Landon

No comments: