Monday, March 3, 2008

A few pictures

Well, the last few weeks have been extremely busy for us. I have been through more winter storms that I can count while traveling for business. I have had completely cancelled flights in Philadelphia, New York, and Chicago in the last two weeks, and you just know that I was the only one that needed to get on another flight (yah right!). I am convinced that airlines cancel flights when it is convenient for them to do so, and not when it is physically impossible for them to fly. For instance, I had a customer service rep with United tell me that no airline was flying to Rochester when my flight from Chicago to Rochester was cancelled due to "weather". I told him that I just saw a flight leave 5 minutes ago for Rochester. He acted shocked, and wanted to know what airline...I said, "oh, this little one, right over there (pointing to the gate), UNITED!!!" Needless to say, he dropped this issue, but it didn't solve my problem as I had to get a hotel in Chicago, cancel my meeting in Rochester, and fly to Buffalo the next morning for another meeting. So if anyone wants to know about a specific airline, or airport, especially in the Northeast, I can hook you up.

With all those traveling problems being said, it is such a joy to come home to Kristin and Natalie. I do get to hear all of the stories while I am on the road, but nothing can replace experiencing them for yourself.

For instance, the day after I got back from a week long trip, I had to go out and shovel snow off our driveway and sidewalk. Of course, Natalie wanted to participate. So there we were, two partners in crime, shoveling snow. Natalie kept falling down in her large pink snow suit. It reminded me of the snow suits in "The Christmas Story."

Once we got done shoveling snow, Natalie talked me practicing our golf swings with snow balls. I have a short 7 iron that my dad gave me when I was a kid, and so that is Natalie's to play with. My weapon of choice was a 2 iron my grandad gave me years ago. I figure I can practice on snow with the 2 iron because I am never going to be able to hit a real golf ball with it (for non-golfers, hitting a 2 iron is typically reserved for the Tiger Woods of this world).



The next two pictures were taken while I was not at home. Kristin called me to tell me that Natalie had sat down with her baby doll and was rocking her and singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her. Even though I wasn't there, I find it amazing how she decided to do this on her own. Natalie definitely has a mind of her own these days, and I am glad that that little mind is starting to know Jesus. Even if it is just a small moment in time, and a simple song, it still makes a father proud.



After she got done playing with her doll, she pulled up her sun glasses and struck a pose for Kristin.



Sorry for the delay in posting....

We miss everyone!

Landon

1 comment:

Kay-Lynn said...

Missed seeing you guys but so understand the crazy life sometimes.

So glad you are home for a little while. Natalie is sooo cute. Can't wait to see you guys in May!

hugs and kisses....