Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter



Nothing says 'Easter' than the excitement of finding hidden candy and then getting to eat it in your Church clothes!

For the first time in her life, Natalie got to experience Easter on all levels. She got to do the typical Easter egg hunt at Church (link to the pictures below), she got an Easter basket on Sunday morning, and then look for more eggs in our living room. We didn't want to hide eggs in the yard because it is still too cold outside. I can't explain to you how much we are looking forward to warmer weather!!

Since it is a few days after Easter, I am happy to say that Natalie is still finding candy in our living room. If we are in the kitchen, and she is playing in the living room, we know that if it gets a little "too quiet" that we need to check on her. On several occasions now, she has a mouthful of candy that she hid somewhere in our living room. It is so hard to keep from laughing with her mouth full or chocolate or with her tongue colored blue from jellybeans. I think she has found all the candy now, so we are good to go until Halloween comes around.

Natalie has added a few more words to her vocabulary recently. If you ask her a question now, her typical response is "ooookkaaaaay." "Natalie, do you want to go for a walk?" "Ooookkaaaayy!" "Natalie, do you want to go to the store?" "Ooookkaaaayy!"

She has also become more vocal with things she does not like. For example, when we are dressing her in something that she doesn't want to wear, she will throw a fit, and keep saying, "NO LIKE IT, NO LIKE IT, NO LIKE IT." I guess this is all part of "the terrible two's."

One really sweet thing she did today that I think Kristin really enjoyed was while we were hanging pictures in my office. We got to a picture of Kristin on our wedding day which I kept on my desk, and Natalie took it. Kristin asked Natalie who it was, and Natalie said, "Mommy Princess, Mommy Princess."

I have put up more pictures from the past week online, check out the following link: Link to all the pictures

We leave for Houston tomorrow morning for about a week. Hopefully I can post while we are there.

Landon

3 comments:

Mara Van Hove said...

I loved Natalie's Easter dress!

I had such a great time coming to visit you three last week. I wish I could have stayed longer -- being back at school definitely isn't as fun as playing with Natalie. :)

Have a great trip to Houston!

Love, Mara

G-MA said...

Natalie,

You look so cute in your Easter dress. We are excited that you are coming to Houston this afternoon.

Love, G-MA and G-Dad

Kay-Lynn said...

Sounds like a fun Easter! And i know you will have fun at G-ma and G-dad's this week!

Make sure and post some pictures. You looked beautiful in your dress!