Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bakin' Cookies and Trombone Playin'



Natalie got into a cooking mood this week, and wanted to get her apron and hat on, and play in her kitchen. She enjoyed pretending to cook so much that later in the week we decided to get her involved with baking cookies. It was tough to keep her from eating the cookie dough, especially when I wanted to eat it too. But under the constant watch of the Salmonella Nazi, Natalie and I refrained...well, at least Natalie didn't have any.



We are continuing to get the basement in order, and get the house exactly the way that we want. I was putting my trombone into one of our basement closets, and decided to get it out and play it. I don't think that Natalie has seen me play it before, but she was INSTANTLY intrigued by the noise and the way the slide moved. So much so that she wanted to play as well, ghee, I didn't see that one coming?!

I tried to teach her how to make the noise come out right, but she was more interested in singing through it. It was actually pretty entertaining to say the least.

2 comments:

Mara Van Hove said...

Natalie,

I think you will make such a great musician!

Thank you Kristin, Landon, and Natalie for sending my the travel towel in the mail for my Europe trip. It will be very handy.

I miss you all! I hope you are enjoying spring.

Love,
Aunt Mara

G-MA said...

Natalie you look so cute in your chef's hat. You will have to make some cookies for us next time you visit.
Love, G-MA and G-Dad