Tuesday, May 13, 2008

No, My's!!

Okay class, can everyone say "Terrible Twos?" (it isn't that bad, but it is the only thing that can explain the rest of the blog).

I don't have any pictures to go with this blog entry, but I wanted to share Natalie's three favorite phrases these days:

"No, My's"

Natalie uses this one when she puts her kung-foo death grip on anything she has that someone else wants. This morning it was her pajamas that we were trying to take off and replace with her clothes for the day. She also uses this phrase to protect her toys from other kids. When using this phrase, she likes to repeat it over and over again until she gets her desired result...or lands herself in time-out, or gets herself a spanking.

"No like it"

Written words do not accurately represent how this is actually spoken by Natalie. It is more like "noooo liiikit, nooo liikit, nolikit." Half the time Kristin and I have to bite our lip because we want to laugh, but it will only encourage the behavior (or so we are told). I would love to laugh at this everytime she says it, because it is hillarious! She says this when she doesn't like something.

Example:
Landon: "Natalie, are you ready to take a bath?"
Natalie: "No like it."

Kristin: "Oh Natalie, let's go play in the basement."
Natalie: "No like it."

The last phrase is "No, Daddy, Stop" (with her her hand out in front of her like a traffic cop).

She uses this one when we do something she doesn't like. She used this one just right as I am typing this because I wouldn't let her play with a picture of her from Disney World. I think she got this one from watching Diego, because they learn to tell the monkey's "Freeze Bobos" with their hands out.

I guess it is called Terrible Twos, but I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

Landon

2 comments:

G-MA said...

Welcome to the terrible two's. Sounds like Natalie is a little strong willed like her dad was.
Love, G-MA and G-Dad

Kay-Lynn said...

So glad ya'll are having fun! Can't wait to get all these two year olds together in a few weeks!