Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Happy Memorial Day 2008...a few days late!

We had our friends Jason, Janna, and their new addition, Nathan, over for Memorial Day this year. Natalie was very interested in anything Nathan did, and kept saying "ahhh, cuuute...ahhh, cuuute" when looking at him (I am not sure where she learned this).





Natalie does not only like Nathan, but I think she has a crush on Jason. I know she is only 2, but it is so funny to watch her around Jason. She loves taking his hand and dragging him around the house. And, being the good sport that he is, Jason lets her take him all over the place. I have heard that if your daughter likes men it is because she has a very good relationship with her father...so I am going to stick with that.

Any Holiday calls for special clothes. Natalie wasn't interested in wearing the scarf until Kristin told her that it was a Cinderella hat that she wears when she is cleaning. Instantly, the hat was no longer an issue and she wanted to keep it on for the rest of the day.



We had a typical Memorial Day...grilling out and eating too much. We made burgers and hot dogs, go figure, and Natalie had her own hotdog. What is it with kids and processed food??

We did buy a watermellon, but we didn't eat it because we were too full on Memorial Day. So, yesterday, we broke it out, and let's just say it was an instant hit. We didn't know if she remembered having it last summer, but I don't think that it mattered. She literally ate more than I did. She had 3-4 slices of the stuff.



My sister's blog, which is linked on the side of this page, Hacienda del Hirst, has a tribute to my grandparents for Memorial Day. I think that she did a great job, so I don't want to repeat everything that she said, but our family is very thankful for all of the servicemen/women in the armed forces and their families. We are very proud of all our veterans and especially our family members. Amoung them are my dad's parents, my grandfather on my mom's side who is no longer with us, and both of Kristin's grandparents. THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

love the pics! natalie looks like a natural with the babies! I am sure she will be great with any future additions to your family :)

can't wait to see you guys...in less than a week!

G-MA said...

Looks like Natalie needs a little brother. See you in a few days.
Love, G-Dad and G-MA