Thursday, July 17, 2008

My New Bike

Well, it has been WAY too long since I last posted to our blog. I have several events to post on, so I hope you are having fun catching up!

One of the summer activities we have been getting into is riding bikes. I started using Kristin's bike to run errands in town (I felt like a big tree hugging hippie at first, but now I am okay with it). I told myself it was for exercise anyways, and actually, it is quite popular in the northeast. Once I proved to myself that biking wasn't just one of my latest "obsessions" as the other adult in the house likes to put it, we decided to get a second bike so we could ride together. And, what fun would it be if Natalie couldn't go with us?! So, we got her a pull-cart. Yes, the cart is built for two kids...No, that doesn't mean that we are hiding something from everyone...I just didn't want to buy another in a few years.

Here is Natalie when I put her in the cart for the first time:




One of the reasons we wanted to get bikes is because there are very extensive bike trails throughout the Philadelphia area. In fact, you can get on a trail near our house and connect to other trails all the way to downtown Philly. It would take riding your bike 50+ miles, but you could do it.

We decided to go from one Park to another on the bike trails, which was 2-3 miles each way. When we got to the park, we had a picnic lunch, and Natalie really wanted to play on the swings:



Natalie didn't eat with us at the park, as the other kids and playground were too much of a distraction. However, once she got back in the cart, she was ready for lunch:



Once we got back home, we put Natalie on the couch while we unpacked everything from the trip. It wasn't long before we realized we weren't hearing her run around or talk to the TV, and this is what we found:



I guess you could say the whole family was exhausted after our biking!

Landon

No comments: