Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wii wish you a Merry Christmas

Kristin and her parents went together to get me a Wii for Christmas, but due to the demand this Christmas season, they couldn't find one. Al even went to 4 different Best Buys on the way to the airport to pick us up on Monday.

Al and I went to Mason City (for those of you that are geographically challenged or unfamiliar with Iowa, it is a town about an hour from Thompson and one of the closest big box shopping options) to take care of a few "honey-dos." We decided to try our luck at finding a Wii at the Best Buy while we were in town. As we were walking in, I saw a girl at the checkout with one. As a kid on Christmas morning, my blood pressure and pulse started to increase. I think it was more of the "thrill of the chase" than actually owning a Wii. My mind instantly went back to the classic movie, "The Christmas Story," hoping that when I asked for a Wii from the closest associate they wouldn't tell me, "a Wii? You'll poke your eye out."

Al and I made it to the display case just in time to see that there were NONE. So, tactically, we split up, as if we were on a safari and our kill was in sight. I went to the front in search of the nearest Best Buy employee. I found my person at the front, who radioed to the back of the store to get someone to help me. She didn't say that they had any, and I didn't want to ask, for fear that I might jinx it. As I was walking to the back of the store, I saw Al grinning, and holding a brand new Wii in his hands with the care that a delivery nurse might hold a new born. In the same motion, he handed over the Wii to the over joyed father, being careful to support the neck of the box.

Okay, enough of the literary drama...we bought the Wii and finished our shopping and went home. Al seemed to think that I was a very demotivated shopper after we found the Wii, but I think he was just goosing me a little.

When we got home, I set the game system up and we broke it in as a family by playing a game of bowling. Natalie even got to participate with Al.



Before I forget, Natalie would like to send a shot out to "her peeps". "Haulla!"



I would also like to tell everyone how Natalie has been a good helper this morning. She helped Grandma wash dishes, as we are getting ready for our family Christmas dinner at Natalie's Great Grandparents house down the road. Thank you Natalie!



Landon

6 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

congrats on the Wii! Merry Christmas!

Krista said...

Greetings from 'old Midland' friends! I linked onto your blog from Kay-Lynn's blog! BTW, is she ever going to update her blog? =) It's been great to keep up with her and Steve too! Wow . . . you guys have been busy with a move and all! Your little girl is a cutie! Hope you all are doing well! We miss seeing your parents; please tell them hello for us! Take care!

Krista (Gates) Bronniman

Laura Odom said...

Oh, but you haven't seen Wii at its best until you've seen Kevin play Mallory's Hannah Montana dance game. =) hehe.

I enjoy reading all your updates since the move. Keep up the good work & tell Kristin & Natalie hello for me.

Laura

Landon said...

Thanks for the messages everyone.

Krista - glad you found the blog! Tell everyone in your family we said hello. Miss you guys.

Laura - if you want to put a video up on Youtube of Kevin dancing, I would gladly watch it. :) I am glad that Natalie is not old enough to be in the Hanna Montana stage yet....

Landon

G-MA said...

Happy New Year!
Sounds like you'all had a nice christmas and congrats Landon on the Wii. Looks like Natalie is enjoying playing too.
Natalie - you are such a good helper! We will have to make biscuits when you come to visit.
Love and miss you, G-Ma and G-Dad

snebrown said...

Congrats on your new Wii dad! found your blog through Laura's, hope you don't mind us keeping up with you and your family

PS We miss you guys. Tell Kristin and Natalie Hi

Deb